Shout out to Susan from The Petite Pepper – thank you so much for the nomination! Susan has lived all over the US, works in healthcare, and is married to a pilot! Her lifestyle blog morphed into a mummy lifestyle blog after the arrival of her gorgeous little girl. There are some great posts on her blog – you should head over and check it out!
“The award is a way to be discovered but also to connect and support the blogging community. A great idea in promoting your own blog and others. Originally it was given out to blogs with less than 2000 readers but this has slowly lowed as the reward has gained popularity. It is now only 200 readers or less.” – The Global Aussie
- Give a shoutout to the blogger who nominated you, share the love by linking back to their blog
- Share some random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5 or more bloggers who you feel deserve this award & who have less than 200 followers
- Answer questions posted by the person who nominated you & ask your nominees to answer questions
- Comment on my original post letting me know you’ve accepted your nomination & leave a comment on Global Aussie blog post about the Liebster Award 2017 letting him know you have received a nomination.
- Have fun, this is a great way to get your blog out there, discover new blogs and help other bloggers out.
Random facts about me
- I am a qualified dance teacher (not my day job, though!)
- I took lessons in ballet, tap and jazz from when I was 6 years old until I finished the syllabi in my mid-twenties
- I do community musical theatre
- I love Disney movies
- I own many antique chairs
- I have the opposite of a green thumb
- I like elephants
- I enjoy studying (!)
- I once met the Backstreet Boys (my favourite band as a teenager!)
Questions from The Petite Pepper
1. Name the top 3 most beautiful beaches you have ever visited
Shearwater Beach (Port Sorrell, Tasmania), Caleta Abarca (Viña del Mar, Chile), and Main Beach, (Noosa, Queensland, Australia).
2. What is your favorite post from your blog and why? (please include link)
I have a couple of favourites, but I’ll share this one: Mini Mummi Month!. It started off as an update about how I’d been blogging for a month, but ended up being a way for me to reflect on who this blog allows me to be.
3. What makes you laugh out loud?
My little man does the funniest things sometimes. Mostly, it’s something so clever, I can’t believe he figured it out so soon, or when he looks incredibly proud of himself for doing something naughty!
4. If you could only take 1 more trip, where would you go and why?
I would go to Disneyland, so that my little boy can enjoy “the happiest place on Earth”! I love Disney, and there’s so much fun to be had there!
5. What is the greatest thing that has happened to you this month?
I got accepted into a uni course to study digital media. I’m excited because it will complement my publishing qualifications/experience, and hopefully help me to create a business from my blog in the long term.
6. How do you start you day?
Usually, I wake up to find two wide eyes staring at me from between the crib! The little man has his breakfast feed and then we get ready for the day. Sometimes, we snuggle up for a little nap or story time before starting the day.
7. Why did you start your blog? Where do you see it a year from now?
I started my blog because I was getting increasingly frustrated by the conflicting advice I’d been getting from various sources on a variety of baby/pregnancy/motherhood-related things. I wanted to produce friendly and simple articles that might help instead of confuse other mummies, and quickly realised I’d really missed writing as an outlet. It is now a blend of the two.
In a year, I hope to be earning an income through my blog, working with brands to produce some sponsored posts, as well as hosting some more guest series and hopefully my own link party!
8. How do you spend a rainy day?
I love spending a rainy day curled up with a cup of tea and watching TV, as well as entertaining my little man with a book or toy! I used to read a book or try my hand at writing some fiction, but it’s been a while since I’ve been able to do that.
9. Name 3 qualities that describe you:
Creative, determined, and sensitive.
10. Best advice you’ve ever gotten:
Some of the best advice I’ve gotten is to take action to achieve my dreams, and not to underestimate what I’m capable of. I’ve achieved a lot of things following that advice!
My nominee picks
Bethanie from My MotherHood